What causes blood in stool?
unlikely to be cancer
Thanks for your query.
The common explanation for your problems would be hemorrhoids or anal fissure. We don't think of cancer first. You should get a rectal examination by a doctor, which would confirm if something of this sort is there.
If still in doubt, get a colonoscopy. That would rule out colon or rectal cancer, polyps, etc. Xrays are not useful for these problems.
Overall, I don't think it would turn out to be cancer. The above tests are not very expensive also.
Hope this helps to relax you. I will be available for follow up.
looks like fissure
As there is a cut inside anus with itching sensation, it is most likely a fissure.
I'm afraid there is no such thing as cancerous stool. So just by visual inspection of stool I won't be able to rule out cancer. But digital rectal examination by doctor can certainly reveal a lot.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes loose stools with blood in it
- What causes blood in stool of infants
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools
- What causes blood in puppy stool
- What causes blood in stool weakness in legs
- What causes coagulated blood in the stool
- What causes blood in stool of a baby
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What is the cause of blood stains in the stool
- What are the possible causes for blood in stool