What causes blood in stool?

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have noticed fresh blood when I poop, not in the poop twice recently. Is this serious?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most likely internal hemorrhoids.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be most likely internal hemorrhoids. Better to have a digital examination by General surgeon to rule out this. In case of doubtful diagnosis proctoscopy will be needed.

For this you can take stool softeners. Various stool softeners like lactulose are available. Not habit forming stool softeners like softovac also can be used. Take more water and dietary fiber.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.