What causes blood in stool?
Colonoscopy is necessary.
Thank you for the query.
Blood in stool can be caused by large intestine tumor (polyp or cancer), infection of gastrointestinal tract, hemorrhoids, inflammatory bowels disease. At your age, colon cancer needs to be ruled out at first. Its because the risk of this cancer significantly rises over the age of 50.
You need to have colonoscopy done as soon as possible. Neither CT or ultrasound wont give an answer.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
No, gallbladder issues do not cause blood in stool. Your pain can be caused by gallbladder issues indeed. You have very characteristic symptoms of gallstones.
But blood in stool is caused by some other issue.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes loose stools with blood in it
- What causes blood in stool of infants
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools
- What causes blood in puppy stool
- What causes blood in stool weakness in legs
- What causes coagulated blood in the stool
- What causes blood in stool of a baby
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What is the cause of blood stains in the stool
- What are the possible causes for blood in stool