What causes blood in stool when suffering from pulmonary artery hypertension?
My partner who is diagnosed with PAH, last evening found blood in stool. What actions need to be taken next and what does this indicate doctor.
Please guide as to what can be done. As this is utmost concerning.
Thank you in advance.
please see details
If there was fresh blood in stool, the reason could be related to a local lesion like piles or ulcer in anal region. Ulcer higher up in colon is a less likely possibility. Occasionally small amount of blood may appear in constipated patient.
If she passed dark or black colored stools , bleeding must be occuring high up in Castro intestinal tract. A stomach ulcer or infection of gut may be responsible.
Most patients with idiopathic PAH are on blood thinners and that may be first cause of bleeding in such patients. The dose of such a drug need to be adjusted.
However you need to see your physician and if she is not on blood thinner, you may have to consult surgeon too.
Feel free to discuss further.
The stool was dark red in color, and the current medication is Bosentas ans Pulmo pres. Can you please suggest what can we do next doctor and how serious is the issue doctor?
Thank You Doctor
please see below.
Red color of blood suggest bleed from lower gut. Avoid constipation. Drink fluids. Do see your doctors as suggested above. Everything is important till a clear cause is identified.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Pulmonary artery hypertension causes
- Treatment and cure for pulmonary artery hypertension
- Diagnosis of pulmonary artery hypertension
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension ayurveda
- What is the treatment for pulmonary artery hypertension
- Gout pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Symptoms of pulmonary artery hypertension
- Pah pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Pulmonary artery hypertension prognosis
- Taking atenelol and coversyl. Prescribed modafinil for hyper insomnia....
- 91 years old. Receiving breathing treatment. Found high pulse rate....
- Pain in abdomen below rib cage. Taking medicine for hypertension. Advise
- Increasing breathlessness. Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, heart...
- Best medicine for LDL cholesterol, triglyceride and hdl?
- Need help in reading ECG report. What is sinus rhythm?
- Have cardiomyopathy due to over workout at the gym. Is there any...
- Had pacemaker implanted. Diagnosed with pericarditis, postpericardiotomy...
- On Clondine for controlling Blood pressure. Wanted to switch to...
- Took perendopril, bendrthiazide for hypertension. Got swelling on ankle...