What causes blood in stool during pregnancy?

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Ayurveda
Question: I am 8 month Pregnant. blood is coming in my stool continuously since last 3-4 months.
My Doctor has advised me to use entofoam enema, in month of XXXXXXX that i am using continuously once in a day.
Please suggest what needs to be done.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
exclude common causes first

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting Ayureda with your health concern and during the last trimester exclude the commonest causes of Rectal bleeding first and then act accordingly:

1. Constipation is the foremost factor ( too little water and fibre) in diet resulting in hard stools and straining during defecation causing rectal blood vessels to bleed.

PS. Use of Iron in pregnancy also contribute to constipation.

2. Another cause and effect of constipation is/are: Piles/anal fissure due to constant straining (was any examination done by the attending doctor)?

3. Although Rectal bleeding hardly causes any serious problems ( its the vaginal bleeding which is more dangerous) thus do let me know if any of the above is the cause of your problem so that it is managed accordingly.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika

direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T