What causes blood in stool and fatigue?
Prognosis is excellent and control is achieved in about 97% patients.
Thanks for query.
Endoscopic therapy is a way of preventing and treating variceal bleeding without the requirement for surgery. In the most common procedure called endoscopic variceal banding (or ligation), rubber bands are placed around varices in the esophagus through a flexible endoscope which is used to visualize the vessels and the same is done in your case the success rate of hemostasis achieved by ligation was 97%. and prognosis is excellent.
Frankly speaking there is no cure of esophgeal varices however treatment for esophageal varices aim to prevent them from bleeding and treating the underlying liver disease.
Banding is usually the initial treatment of bleeding varices and as said above is successful in more then 97% of patients.
You have not attached the reports of your ultrasound or endoscopy .There are many causes of bleeding and development of esophageal varices and prognosis and surgical options depends on primary cause.In your case it seems that alcoholic cirrhosis is the cause of bleed which most often is a consequence of portal hypertension..
Weakness fatigue lassitude etc are due to loss of large amount of blood from body.Start taking Iron polypeptides PP26 12 mg once daily for 1 month followed by 6 mg for next three months.
Take folic acid supplements 5mg once daily.
Vitamin C is required for absorption of iron so 500mg supplement can be taken every day.
Multivitamin and anti oxidant capsule alpha men should be taken once daily.
All of them will help your body to replete the vitamins iron and minerals lost due to bleed and liver problems.
For any further professional advice please attach reports of ultrasound and endoscopy.I want to go through them once(i want to know the grade of varices and grade of cirrhosis and your portal pressures.
As of now if you control your drinking habits well prognosis would be good and you can live a normal life.
Diet plan for you-(Most important for future)
Some food plans are-
-Whole grains are very beneficial to consume.These can be in the form of XXXXXXX whole wheat bread or cereal, brown rice, whole grain pasta,grains such as whole oats, wild rice, rye, oatmeal and corn are also beneficial and can be taken if suits your food pattern.
-Fruits and vegetables should be a significant part of any diet to help in recovering from a liver disease. They are full of essential nutrients and are easy to digest.When on recovery diet follow a high carbohydrate diet,Fat contents of diet should be very low.However Olive oil, canola oil and flaxseed oil are all healthy fats that are recommended as part of a diet for patients.
-Healthy proteins in the form of low-fat milk and dairy products along with lean meats, beans, eggs and soy products can also be a part of a healthy liver diet.
- Consume high fiber foods as a part of high fiber diet. Grain products: (6-11 servings of grain product in your diet is required daily) whole grain breads, whole wheat, whole grain mixed grain, cracked wheat, buns, muffins. Brown ricewhole wheat pasta or brown rice pastacereals made from whole grain oatmeal ground flax, wheat germ or wheat XXXXXXX in baked goods vegetables: (3-5 servings daily) dark green leafy vegetables contain heigest amounts of fiber e. G. Spinach, broccoli, green peas, green beans, turnip greens. Fruits: (2-3 serving of fruits) apples. Oranges, pears, peaches. Berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries) dried fruits (dates, prunes apricots legumes, nuts and seeds).
Vitamin c: it maintains the healthy blood vessels and maintain tissue matrix. And increases the body immunity also. Rich source are blackberries, raspberries, broccoli, spinach, guavas, amla, lime melon, orange, papaya, pineapple, tomato.Vitamin e: it is a fat soluble vitamin which maintains healthy cell membrane as well as the prevention of inflammation.
Silibinin, also known as silybin, is the major active constituent of silymarin, a standardized extract of the milk thistle seeds, containing a mixture of flavonolignans consisting of silibinin, isosilibinin.It should be taken two times a day.Its a very potent liver rejenuvator and is very effective in maintaining liver healthy.
Ayurvedic tablet Liv 52 should be taken once daily.
Waiting for reports.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause fatigue
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools
- What causes blood in puppy stool
- What causes fatigue and tiredness
- What causes fatigue and dizziness
- What causes blood in stool of a baby
- What causes nausea and fatigue
- What is the cause of blood stains in the stool
- What are the possible causes for blood in stool
- What is the cause of unusual fatigue