What causes blood in stool and external hemorrhoid?
I am a 25 yrs old girl.
In last 2 months twice I had little blood while passing stool as it was hard. And I feel a little cut sensation while passing stool. And there is a loose little skin tag. I sm uploading the pic also. What is this. Can this be cancerous and does this require immediate treatment. What is causing this and what are the remedies?? I am very worried
Most likely an external hemorrhoid.
Thank you for asking HCM.
I have gone through your query and pictures. It looks like an hemorrhoid. It doesn't look like cancerous growth. No need to worry. Straining during defeacation and constipation can be reason for hemorrhoids. Young ladies usually get this because of postponing toilet when they have urge to go.
Over the counter hemorrhoid creams for local application will be helpful. Ointments which contain hydrocortisone and cinchocaine hydrochloride can be used also. Stool softeners will be helpful to relieve constipation and easing defeacation with out straining which will help to get rid off hemorrhoid also.
You can take vegetable salads and whole fruits. Taking more plain water is also advised. Prunes or prune juices at bed time will be helpful also. If that is not helping then lactulose syrup at bed time will help.
If still condition persists then get it examined by a general surgeon. Surgical hemorrhoidectomy is can be done if conservative treatment doesn't works.
Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Pl.suggest some good ointment that can be applied or medicine that should be taken yo heal this. How much time will it take to recover and can this happen again once healed. Since I am not having any other issues I am thinking to go for home remedies to heal this. Suggest me that also and if its useful.
There is no risk of cancer from hemorrhoids.
Hi and welcome.
Thank you for your follow up.
Hemorrhoids won't become cancerous but if untreated it will go to next stages which is fully prolapsed hemorrhoids and surgical treatment will be necessary in such case.
Usually this will heal with in two weeks. There are several over the counter hemorrhoid creams and ointments available. Proctosedyl ointment, Pramoxine and tranolane are some of them.
Take more vegetable salads ,whole fruits and plain water. There are fibre supplements like psyllium or methyl cellulose available. You can use that also. Non habit forming stool softeners like softovac also can be used if you can straining while defeacation or constipation. Don't postpone a bowel movement when you having the urge also. Have regular exercises also. These all measures will help you to get rid off this.
Let me know if anything not clear. I am happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes recurrance of hemorrhoids
- Can hemorrhoids cause black stool
- Small external hemorrhoids causes
- Can hemorrhoids cause thin stools
- Have hemorrhoids noticed ridges in stool cause
- What is cause and treatment for hemorrhoid
- Do hemorrhoids cause narrow stools
- What causes bleeding hemorrhoids
- External hemorrhoid causes
- What causes hemorrhoids
- Suggest medication for hair fall programe
- Suggest treatment for itchy bump on skin
- What causes dizziness and disorientation?
- What causes white patches on face after using Skinlite cream?
- Suggest treatment for scalp psoriasis
- Suggest remedy for dark upperlip post antibiotic allergy
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in chest
- Suggest treatment for high sugar levels
- What does this cholesterol test result indicate?
- What does low kidney functioning mean?