What causes blood in sputum with a history of sinus?
Due to changes in weather conditions as following
I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concern.
Taking into account your history of living recently in a middle Eastern country with high temperature and very dry, with sandstorms, all these are causing inflammation of your upper respiratory pathways.
The inflamed mucosa is very fragile, and when you cough, traces of blood will be present.
I need to have a few more details:
- is the air con on where you live or work?
- apart sinuses, have you noted your nose is congested?
- what meds have you used so far?
If the blood will persist in sputum,should consult ENT specialist...
Thank you for providing the requested data.
Your answers are admitting what I was thinking since the beginning: congestion of upper respiratory pathways are making their mucosa more fragile and you'll notice blood in sputum especially during sandstorms. The tiny particles of the sand will cause micro-laceration of the fragile mucosa leading to blood in sputum. I am sure you do not notice blood all the time.
If it will persist always, then, ENT examination is required to exclude other pathologies and perhaps you need prescription medications.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood-tinged sputum causes
- Drainage from sinuses cause blood in sputum
- What cause blood in sputum and nose
- Blood in sputum from sinuses
- Minor blood in sputum causes
- What causes blood in sputum during pregnancy?
- What could be the cause for blood in sputum
- Sputum with blood every morning causes
- What is the causes for excessive and salty sputum
- What causes blood in sputum with cough when on eritel