What causes blood in semen?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I saw that my sperm was a little red after ejaculating and the next day I saw that it wasn't red at all. What does this mean?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 13 minutes later
HI!
Do you have any trauma?
Do you have any urinary issue ,like frequency,disuria ?
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 10 hours later
Hello I have no trauma, no pain while urinating and not frequent.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
One episode with no other symptoms at your age isn't a major medical probl

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for your query.

I understand you but don't worry because fortunately, it doesn't always signal a major medical problem.
For men younger than 40 with no related symptoms and no risk factors for medical conditions as prostate cancer, blood in semen often disappears on its own.

I mean trauma ,rough intercourse or masturbation?!

Hence in my opinion if it doesn't repeated another times ,don't worry.
If it will repeat ,than go for a detailed examination.

All the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar