What causes blood in semen?
Needs thorogh evaluation.
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Haematospermia.
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have any urinary symptoms like frequency of urination ,poor stream,urgency etc.associated with Haematospermia.
2) Do you have pain or discomfort in penis or perineal region?
3) Are you taking any blood thinner medications like Aspirin ?
Haematospermia at this age could be due one of the following common conditions.
1) Infection of the either Seminal Vesicle or Prostate .
2) Benign enlargement of prostate
3) Cancer of the prostate.
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get followin basic tests done to find out the source of bleeding and cause of Haematospermia.
1) Routine urine test and urine culture.
2) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen
3) Trans Rectal Ultrasound Scanning (TRUS)
4) Blood Test to estimate Serum PSA
5) Endoscopic examination of urethra and Bladder(Cystoscopy).
6) MRI or CT scan of pelvis (if required ).
In the mean while take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily.
Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blood in semen
- What could be the cause of dark semen
- What causes semen to be orange
- What causes red colored semen
- Noticed blood in semen causes
- What causes blood in semen during masturbation
- What causes blood traces in semen after mastrubation
- What causes less semen volume
- What causes thick semen viscosity
- What could be the cause for blood in semen