What causes blood in semen in an elderly person while on blood thinners?

Question
my husband take blood thiner and I think when he lifted it makes those tiny blood vessil
break his sement was nealy pure blood
my husband is on blood thiner and his sement is blood as if a woman on her peiord he is 73 years old and I turn 73 sunday I just don't what to do or think went to one Dr said not to worry see it a lots in men .
I just cant keep from wanted to know what to doa/

Mon, 7 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would insist you to take him to the ER at the earliest.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It is apparent that your husband has developed a bleeding manifestation as a consequence of the blood thinners. A balance needs to be achieved and the PT+INR (indicators of coagulation capacity) should be immediately checked and suitably intervened into. I would insist you to take him to the ER at the earliest.

Let me know if I could help further.