Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes blood flow from urethra after intercourse?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3190 Questions
After sex I can blow air out my urethra . It sounds like a fart. I only have one kidney due to a problem when I was born. Last night we had sex and I blew out blood instead of air. A lot of blood. What is that?
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be traumatic urethral hemorrhage

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Sir

Presence of Urethral Hemorrhage requires further assessment and evaluation. The cause of bleeding could possibly be traumatic urethral hemorrhage.
If you have passed urine of normal color and there is no discolouration of urine after you had the episode of bleeding then there is no cause for concern.
You will require Ultrasound abdomen along with Cystoscopy for further evaluation. I would suggest you to consult your Urologist for further assessment.

Do keep me updated about the progress

Take care

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX Kaltari
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor