Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes blood flow from urethra after intercourse?

General Surgeon
Question
After sex I can blow air out my urethra . It sounds like a fart. I only have one kidney due to a problem when I was born. Last night we had sex and I blew out blood instead of air. A lot of blood. What is that?
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be traumatic urethral hemorrhage

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Sir

Presence of Urethral Hemorrhage requires further assessment and evaluation. The cause of bleeding could possibly be traumatic urethral hemorrhage.
If you have passed urine of normal color and there is no discolouration of urine after you had the episode of bleeding then there is no cause for concern.
You will require Ultrasound abdomen along with Cystoscopy for further evaluation. I would suggest you to consult your Urologist for further assessment.

Do keep me updated about the progress

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX Kaltari
MBBS, MS, MCh