• question-icon

What causes blood draining sensation in the groin area?

Posted on Fri, 14 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi,
I have this interesting draining feeling in my left thigh/groin area. It's as if I can feel my blood flowing there. Its not painful, but noticeable, almost like tidal action. Possibilities? Thanks...
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Observe only!

Detailed Answer:

There is normally and artery with high speed blood flow. Little efforts will allow us to feel and even be conscious of this. Unless there is pain or swelling, there is nothing to be immediately concerned as of now. I suggest that you monitor only and update is anything changes. This sensation should normally dwindle and disappear spontaneously.

I hope this guides, reassures and helps. I wish you well and always available to address any further worries that you may have.
Dr. Ivo Ditah