What causes blood discharge from penis post intercourse?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: The head of my penis is turning a bit purple.... I had vigorous sex on Monday then Tuesday and Wednesday notice a bit of blood in my sperm... Less on Tuesday. I thought I may have broken a blood vessel. My urine was white half the time and the other just a tad yellow. Tonight I came home just to check and note the rim of penis had turned a bit purple and just touched my sack and there feels like a bit of blood pooling in my sack.... Thoughts?

Wednesday there was less blood in my sperm than Tuesday. Just urinated and completely white. Laid down for 10 minutes and my penis was normal... Feeling a very light dull pain, barely noticeable sitting.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is normal to have some discomfort post sex

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query.

You do not need any specific treatment and care for this bruise ( purple color) and pain after sexual intercourse.
It is very usual after vigorous sex or Masturbation.
please Just give sex a rest for a few days.
If you feel any discomfort due to pain, Just take Non Steroidal Anti inflammatory Drugs like ibuprofen and apply ice pack.

Blood in sperm might be from urethra, as there might be slight injury to it, while having sex.

As you have mentioned your urine was some time yellow and white, I would suggest you to drink plenty of water and advice you to go for urine routine examination to rule out urinary tract infection. Based on the report, we can decide on requirement of medication.

Hope this helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 38 minutes later
Please note- I had a sore throat the last few days and went to a clinic... They said i did not have strep throat gave me non prescription "over the counter" recommendations and put 10MG of steroid in a cup of water to drink and I did... Would that have any adverse effect? I have not taken any of the over the counter recommendations at this point. I then went on to a late lunch and ate two pieces of pizza. For dinner some chicken and two glasses of wine. I have had several glasses of water this evening. Thinking it was bruise I also iced the scrotum and penis area twice for 15 minutes or so. Urine still clear. I will continue to drink more water. Thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I feels medicine that you have consumed, is not responsible for your symptom

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Glad to hear from you.

I don't think the medicines have anything to do with your present symptoms. I would suggest you to continue using ice and if required NSAIDS as mentioned earlier. You should be fine by three to four days.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad