What causes blood discharge from genitals?

Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am a 70 year old male. I spent too much time in a hot tub this past weekend and I now have blood in my urine. The condition has been the same for the past three days
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood in urine isn't normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, let me advise you, that blood in urine is not normal.
We need to know where the blood is coming from, and cause for it.
You've done the right step in stopping Aspirin, as the bleeding won't stop soon.
You need to get tested urgently by an Urologist, and also some tests to be done.
1. Urine routine and culture.
2. blood routine, creatinine,sugar,BT,CT.PT,platelets,SGPT, and PSA.
3. Ultrasound scan of abdomen and pelvis.
4. TRUS (trans rectal ultrasound scan).
According to the reports, further treatment will be advised.
If you send me the reports along with doctor's examination finding, i can give you an expert opinion.
Wish you well.