What causes blood clots in stool?
Blood in stools. Proctoscopy, Colonoscopy
Blood clots in stools represent a bleeding from higher up in the large intestines. You need to get urgent colonoscopy done to identify the source of bleeding which can be stopped by colonoscopy procedure itself. So a colonoscopy is mandatory for you and it will be diagnostic as well as therapeutic.
Please consult a medical gastroenterologist as soon as possible.
You can stop aspirin if you do not have any history of cardiac problems but under a physician supervision.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blood clots in the uterus
- What causes rectal blood clots
- What cancers cause blood clots
- What cause blood clot in mouth
- What causes blood clots in veins
- What causes blood clot discharge
- Blood clots in stool causes
- What causes blood clots in uti
- What causes blood clots
- What causes blood clots falling