• question-icon

What causes blood clot in urine when diagnosed with cystitis?

Posted on Sat, 12 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi,
I saw a red thin worn after passing urine before flushing. Im not sure if it was already there. Im having slight white discharge sometimes. I feel itchy from 2/3 days. Please suggest. Its been 6 months i had my first baby delivary
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is due to infection of Bladder (Cystitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted the red worm like thing that you have noticed in urine is a string of blood clot ,It is mostly due to infection of bladder (Cystitis).

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist