• question-icon

What causes blocked flow during ejaculation after vasectomy?

Posted on Fri, 28 Nov 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I had a successful and relatively painless vasectomy 4 months ago. I have had no issues, but recently when ejaculating, I felt like the flow was blocked and very little fluid came out. This happened once three weeks ago, then yesterday and again today. I experienced slight pain in the "tube/maybe the urethra that the ejaculate flows from out of the underside of the penis. Yesterday's event, when I urinated, I felt no pain but a small object half the size of a pin head (orange/red and pliable) came out. It was not blood but was somewhat gelatinous if that makes sense. today, similar objects came out with the ejaculate after feeling like the flow was restricted. Did I have some kind of temporary blockage and what might it be?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can due to triial injury to urethra or infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query.based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have ejaculated a soft gelatinous mass mixed with blood with pain..This is most likely to be a agglutinated semen mixed with drop of blood resulting from trivial injury to yout urethra due to dry rough sex.or second possibility of infection of either seminal vesicle or Prostate.

Please get your semen examination and Semen culture done to rule out infection.

In the mean while start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Doxicycline along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily for a week.

Ensure to drink adequate water before sexual activity.

I think this should get resolved .

If problem persists or recurs again, you will need to consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and to get following tests done .
1) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis
2) Trans Rectal ultrasound scanning (TRUS)
3) MRI of Pelvis.

Hope I have answered your query.Please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanking you with regards,
DrPatil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 8 minutes later
I have never had any issue like this and my wife and I have been very sexually active for years and no change in activity as per frequency and no rough activity. Could this have something to do with my vasectomy?? The vasectomy is the only occurrence that has been a unique variable or change in my situation. The interesting facts are that this happened 3 weeks ago, then did not occur again although activity frequency did not change, and then it happened two days in a row. I definitely feel something like a blockage when I ejaculate. It is obvious that the flow was restricted yesterday and today with these objects coming out immediately after ejaculation. What are the objects that were expelled?

Did you view the photo of the objects that I attached. If you zoom in, you can see them very clearly.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vasectomy will not cause this.

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up.Since your Vas Difference have been cut and ligated during vasectomy there is no flow of sperms through the V so this is definitely related to Vasectomy.

Pain and clumping of semen that is forming a soft gelatinous mass is mostly due to inflammation of the urethra through which semen is being ejaculated outside

Please consult qualified Urologist .he may do endoscopic examination of urethra passage and bladder (Cystourethroscopy) This will help to find out the cause of pain in urethra and d bleeding in semen

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist