What causes blocked ears with redness in eyes?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My ears re blocked, (not draining properly,) this morning, my left eye was completely red, with a pouch of liquid (it seems) under the eye... now seems to be draining.... clear liquid. What is going on.... what can I do with poor drainage in ears and red eye
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please, get a medical consultation and evaluation!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what you are experiencing with your ears and eyes at this time. I very much hope we get to identify the cause and propose real solutions on that.

These symptoms raise the suspicion of a possible ongoing infection. Redness and draining fluid from very vital organs like the eyes and ears need to be evaluated immediately and managed adequately as there are no reasons to bear any unnecessary risk with organs like these.

I will suggest that you seek immediate medical consultation. A general physician would be good for a start. After a comprehensive examination and maybe some blood tests, you would be proposed treatment if possible or be oriented to further specialists if need be.

In all, I will suggest that you get a medical consultation for evaluation and treatment. Start with a general physician and follow up from there. If there is need for expertise input, you would be oriented.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.