What causes bloating, stomach cramps and nausea?

Posted on Thu, 9 Apr 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi! It's my first time to use Yaz and i'm on my 6th pill. I'm feeling bloated, nauseous and stomach cramps. I intend to stop taking it. Can i do so? Is there a side effect when i just stop taking it?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
YOu can do so

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM.
If you have these side effects that concern you then you should definitely stop taking pills and find another method of contraception or another type of c-pill.
Generally it can be stopped at any time,it may cause some mild vaginal bleeding after stopping but it shouldnt bother you.
WIsh you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 1 hour later
I tried asking my doctor about stopping Yaz on my 6th pill and she said i must finish the pack and that i can't just stop taking it. I asked her why and she never really explained it to me that's why i got a little worried if i should really stop it or not. Although i know that bleeding will occur when i stop taking it. Are there other effects that i should be worried about? Or is it really safe to stop it any time? Thanks for the answer .
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is safe

Detailed Answer:
It is usually recommended to finish the pack if there is only few days left to finish 28 days period. this would cause "regular" bleeding, but there is no purpose to finish pack if you took it only for 6 days. you probably wont have even significant bleeding and some side effects are not expected at all. so I dont think it is necessary to finish pack,but you can if you want. As I said,such short therapy wont lead to any difficulties after stopping
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon