What causes bloating, heartburn and abdominal pain?
need some details to guide you better
My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes for abdominal pain. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:
1. Does pain settle/improve after taking food?
2. any history of nausea, vomiting or fever?
3. any history of constipation or diarrhea?
4. have you undergone upper GI endoscopy? if yes then please share results
5. are you on any medication other than Dexilant and Carafe ?
6. any history of diabetes, hypertension or other illness?
7. any family history of chronic illness?
8. any other symptom that you would like to share?
I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
GERD requires long term care
Thank you for getting back with the answers. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) requires a long term management with consistence. I would suggest you to get an appointment for a gasntroenterologist as he is specialized in treating these conditions. Also you would be requiring some medicines which are prescription only meds and you can get easily by visiting him. If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following things:
> Medical Care:
- Omeprazole one daily for 14 days
- sucralfate suspension thrice a day for 10 days
> General Care:
Medical care can do NOTHING if you donot take general care about your health. Following steps would help you to recover slowly:
- take small frequent meals.
- take 30-45mins walk/exercise daily in the evening. It will make you fresh, healthy and is good for digestion.
- Don't lie down immediately after taking meal
- raise head end of your bed slightly(by an inch)
- Eat a diet rich in fiber, especially from fruits and vegetables
fatty & oily food.
heavy meals at night
carbonated & caffine drinks
As there is +ve family history of barret's esophagus so i would also suggest you to discuss Upper GI endoscopy with gastroenterologist on annual basis as a prevention measure.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes abdominal pain with bloating and nausea
- Heartburn sleepiness abdominal pain
- What causes abdominal pain with bloating and constipation
- I have had extreme heartburn abdominal pain and bloating
- What would cause abdominal pain bloating hardness
- Heartburn lower abdominal pain and sweating
- What cause bloating saliva increase abdominal pain
- What is the treatment for heartburn with upper abdominal pain
- Twitching in upper abdomen abdominal pain heartburn causes and treatment
- What causes severe bloating with abdominal pain