• question-icon

What causes bloating, gas and stomach pain when diagnosed with IBS?

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Ive have LBS and have bloting and gas with pain just feeling unwell
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Irritable bowel syndrome is very irritating and troublesome pathology and bloating and not feeling well is very commonly associated with it. It is not treatable, its manageable and stays with you. All you have to do is control with diet and lifestyle precautions and supportive medication therapy.

A good start is modify diet and lifestyle. Eat small frequent meals, avoid spices, dairy products, chocolates, alcohol, beverages, soda , processed and canned foods, fatty foods, fast foods etc. Prefer fresh fruits and vegetables, food rich in fiber with adequate fluids intake, good bowel habits and regular exercise help. Use peppermint and yogurt , former is very good antispasmodic and later is good probiotic .

Nutshell , IBS is supportively treated for symptoms with diet and lifestyle changes.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan