What causes bloating gas and cold chills?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Im having bloating gas and cold chills with normal bowel movements I had a very low fever earlier of 100.00 and its now normal at 98.3 last night I had 4 12.oz beers and haven't drank in a few months could this be the cause of my bloating gas and chills, even without the fever I'm still getting chills in my house with the temp being 80 degrees
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May be an infection

Detailed Answer:

To recapitulate:
You have problem of bloating gas- cold chills even in 80 degrees but normal bowel movements. You had fever too. Took beer after a few months.

The bloating due to gas suggest some sort of intestinal infection as you are getting cold chills too. If the infection is at a sub-clinical level it is possible to get normal stools in spite of intestinal infection.

Cold chills usually comes if there is an infection in the body and tes bear can be a reason of chills and bloating. At this point of time, I would advise you to keep a watch on bowel movement, nausea, pain in abdomen. Most cases, body takes care of infection and such problems and one may not need active treatment. If symptoms continue to persist for more than a week or if more symptoms start to appear, you should consult a Doctor to have physical examination for vitals, of abdomen and get a prescription of an antibiotic if your Doctor feels so on clinical evaluation.

Hope this answered your questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad