What causes bloating, fast heart beats and chest tightness while on Miralax?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I was advised by my PA to take Miralax. I have taken it two says in a row and feel horrible. Racing heart, bloating, tightness in my chest, inability to sleep, vomiting, chills/then sweating. How long will this take to go away?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following advice

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

What you are experiencing are side effects of Miralax and will be gone within a couple of days (1-4 days).

Meanwhile i recommend to drink plenty of water, simeticone and carcoal tablets to relieve your symptoms.

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu