What causes bloating, constipation and right upper abdominal muscle pain?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Hello
I have bloating and constipation and right upper abdominal pain in the muscles
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Please share your investigations

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir. The cause of bloating, pain and constipation in right upper region can be many like, liver inflammation, gall bladder diseases, colon(bowel) disease. Bowel disease is most likely among these.
As you have already undergone some tests, i would like to see those reports.
More over please tel me,
whether you have any bleeding in stools?
any history of weight loss
decrease in appetite?
jaundice?
fever?
please share all this information.
For constipation you can take syp lactulose 20 ml at night. For pain i would suggest dicyclomine.
Finding the right cause is important.
Waiting for the reports
Dr Deepak
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 14 minutes later
There may have been some blood in the stools, but the colonoscopy was clear and the doctor said I had some minor irritation in the stomach
I also have a medicine taste in the mouth.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hello. if reports are ok, then empirical therapy is warranted.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again. if tests are normal i would advise you empirical therapy in the form of
1. Antacid drugs like pantoprazole or rabeprazole
2. Stool softener like lactulose
3. Bowel resting drug like dicyclomine or drotaverine
Drink plenty of fluids, avoid fatty and spicy meals, avoid alcohol and red meat, take lots of fruits and veggie.
Engage yourself in some morning jogging or yoga.
That will help you for sure
Feel free to ask further
Thanks and regards