What causes bloating and weight gain while on Elleste Duet?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I'm 44 and is going though the menopause I've been put on elleste duet and been taking 1mg daily for over 6 months now
I feel very bloated and I know I've gained weight and my belly area is getting very big I look pregnant what can I do about it..im hating the way I look is it the tablets I'm on doing this
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Due to Elleste tablets.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The hormonal tablets that you are taking do have a side effect of weight gain. During the post menopausal period it is normal to gain some amount of weight.
The best way to lose weight is to restrict your with a daily exercise regimen. This will help in maintaining tone of muscles also.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN