What causes bloating and pressure buildup in the lower abdomen?

Question
My lower belly and left side have a lot of pressure, bloating and cramping. I feel like it’s full of gas but I’m unable to release it
Thu, 10 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may need to add peptobismol and peppermint

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The gas-x can be used along with other medication to see if you can get some relief.

You can consider the use of peptobismol to see if the combination would be helpful for you.

In addition the use of peppermint products such as peppermint tea may also help. Peppermint is recommended for different abdominal complaints and it is even suggested for persons with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).
Though you do not have IBS, it may be able to help you as well

You may need to look to see if you are using any foods that may increase gas such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, turnips, beans, carbonated drinks, brussel sprouts etc
Acid reflux can also cause these symptoms so may need to speak to your doctor to see if you would need a course of reflux medication if episodes repeat

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions