What causes bloating and pressure buildup in the lower abdomen?
may need to add peptobismol and peppermint
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
The gas-x can be used along with other medication to see if you can get some relief.
You can consider the use of peptobismol to see if the combination would be helpful for you.
In addition the use of peppermint products such as peppermint tea may also help. Peppermint is recommended for different abdominal complaints and it is even suggested for persons with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).
Though you do not have IBS, it may be able to help you as well
You may need to look to see if you are using any foods that may increase gas such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, turnips, beans, carbonated drinks, brussel sprouts etc
Acid reflux can also cause these symptoms so may need to speak to your doctor to see if you would need a course of reflux medication if episodes repeat
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bloating and cramps
- What causes bloating and pressure after urinating
- Cause of bloated lower cheek
- What causes bloating and sounds from the abdomen
- What causes abdomen cramps and bloating in the stomach
- What causes a bloated tummy
- What causes bloated belly
- What causes pain in lower abdomen with bloating
- What is the cause for bloating and pain in abdomen
- What causes distended abdomen and bloating