What causes bloating and joint inflammation?

Posted on Tue, 20 May 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: What would cause bloating and joint inflammation on just the right side of my body?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Multiple joint involvement- inflammatory arthritis

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case with diligence.

Multiple joint involvement suggest inflammatory arthritis
Possibility of rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing sodalities can be considered

When such patients come to our hospital I advise them blood test like RA factor, ACCP, ESR, complete blood count, HLA B27, ANA.

Rheumatoid arthritis may involve small joints and early morning stiffness in joints, does she have such complain?
Ankylosing spondylitis typically involve spine and hips with other large joint also. There is reduced chest function in this disease. Stiffness in spine is increased does she have such stiffness in spine?

Only right side involvement can be due to vascular involvement.
Colour Doppler may help in further diagnosis.
Treatment can be started according to clinical examination and blood reports.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon