What causes bloating after eating sugar?
Intolerance and bacterial overgrowth.
Thanks for your query, albeit small and very specific.
The bloating after eating sugar can be due to the following reasons:
- Intolerance to the sugar is a known fact, many people have it.
- The bacteria feed of the sugar and grow and produce more gases.
- Since the medicines for GERD reduce or nullify the acidity, bacteria can grow and overgrow with sugar to cause such a problem as you have. Sugar is the best medium for the bacteria to grow and produce gas producing byproduct as their metabolism. This gas gets stuck at the hiatus hernia and give you the bloating around your hiatal hernia.
I hope this answers your query.
Please feel free to ask further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap-of-communications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bloating and pressure after urinating
- What causes abdominal painvomiting and bloating after a chemotherapy
- What causes bloating after meals
- Bloating stomach inflation eat in moderation what is the cause
- What causes bloating after urinating
- What causes headaches and bloating after lithim intake
- What causes bloated belly
- What is the cause of bloating after taking plan b
- What is causing bloated feeling after eating food
- What causes abdominal bloating after a hysterectomy