What causes bloated tummy and abdominal cramps indicate pregnancy?

Posted on Mon, 30 Mar 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi
I have got married a month back on 25th XXXXXXX 2015. Im a female aged 25 plus. We have had protected sex to avoid pregnancy.. only few times tip has been inserted without protection and we hvnt had full penetration yet even with condoms. I got my period on the 8th of Feb and then i have got on 4th of march; 4 days early than expected. However; since 2 weeks after coming from the honeymoon i have gained weight suddenly around 5 kgs and i feel really bloated and heavy n experience sudden abdominal cramping. I have had slight constipation as well. My flow was not too heavy and constant but ok ok and slightly light and brown in color from the third day. Usually on the fifth day i feel light but i feel really heavy n bloated and my tummy has come out which doesn't usually and abdominal cramps are there. A week back my entire legs were cramped. Is.it related to being suddenly sexually active? Why do.i keep feeling dat im pregnant
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Exclude pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
there is a small possibility of pregnancy. pl do blood pregnancy test. if it's negative then wait for next periods. weight gain is the most important cause of irregular periods.
for recently married condoms don't provide adequate protection against pregnancy . it's better to take pills .
ensure to pass urine after intercourse.
ensure there is no wt gain which is the cause of bloating
Follow up: Dr. Chetna Jain 13 minutes later
Which pills? Pls elaborate the hormonal changes that occur after marriage and the precautions reqd. Also , my periods are regular ; not irregular. Why do my tummy feels bloated and heavy and cramped ?? And suddenly it looks round nd i have gained weight. Is it possible to have preg symptoms amd still have your periods?? My body feels really different since 2 weeks
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Changes due to wt gain

Detailed Answer:
wt gain causes hormonal disturbance leading to disturbances in periods. feeling of bloating and roundness is due to wt gain. yes a lot of women may have bleeding in pregnancy.
it's a golden rule to do pregnancy test if any change in periods is noted. finally condoms have high failure rate in early married months hence pills are a better option which are taken as contraceptive .
for a prescription of pill you need to see a local gynaecologist
Dr. Chetna Jain

OBGYN