What causes blisters on the skin?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am having skin blisters which have increased in last 2 days. I have attached the images. I also have some fever and headache.Can you tell me what infection it is.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
It looks like chicken pox

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM

I have gone through the picture and query.

Based on the picture and your symptoms, to me it looks like viral infection, may be chicken pox.

I would have treated you with antiviral after like aciclovir which is effective for shortening the duration of chickenpox symptoms.
For symptomatic relief taken paracetamol three times a day after food. I would have asked you to apply calamine lotion to the affected area, which has got soothing effect.

Drink plenty of fluids and take rest for few days. I would suggest you to see physician for the confirmation of diagnosis.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj