question-icon

What causes blisters around the bruised inflamed knee area?

Posted on Mon, 14 Jul 2014
Question: Last week I fell and bruised the area below my right knee. It swelled so I put an ice compress from the freezer directly on it for about 15 minutes. The swelling went down but it left two blisters. The blisters have liquid in them. What should I use to bring my skin back to normal?

Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Don't need to do nothing.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX!
I read carefully your query and understand your concern.

The blisters are formed from liquid accumulation due to injury and inflammation.
You have nothing to worry about and don't need to do nothing.
The liquid in the blisters will be absorbed gradually and they will disappear on their own.
Just give it some more time.

Hope my answer has helped.
Let me know if you have any further question,I will be happy to help.

Wish you all the best.

Dr.Rovena Murati

Dr. Rovena Murati