What causes blisters after taking Arcoxia?
I have some questions. couple of months ago i was diagnose with Herpetic Whitlow on my finger. it was the worst series i ever had. having to have endure the tingling pain and etc. however i wasnt sure if its really herpertic whitlow as the doctor claim. this is because i feel i was allergic to a medicine called acroxia. before the whitlow series, i have a severe muscle strain and doctor perscribed me with Acroxia to release the tensed muscle. However due after taking the pill I start having dots bilster on my thumb and there on doctor said i had a whitlow.
recently i was down with flu and had tense series with my muscle again. went to meet the same doctor and she presrcribed me with Acroxia. i took the acroxia and instantly i had a reaction on my finger where i used to have the whitlow. it was at the same spot nevertheless. it was so itch till It became blister with bumps . i am just curious if i actually allergic to Acroxia or do I really have a 2nd time whitlow?
i am attaching photos of my blister or rash.
Fixed drug eruption to Etoricoxib
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
Acroxia is Etoricoxib.
I think it is a Fixed Drug Eruption (FDE) to Etoricoxib rather than herpetic whitlow. The fact that you developed a blistered red patch over exactly the same area after taking Etoricoxib for the second time is suggestive of an FDE. FDE is immune mediated drug reaction. On intake of the culprit drug the subsequent eruption develop at exactly the same sites (plus newer areas) where it happened the first time with that drug. Common drugs implicated are antibiotics and painkillers.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itching and blisters in legs
- What causes blood blisters on vagina
- What causes swelling of lips with blisters
- What causes a blister n ear
- What causes blisters in legs and arms
- What causes blisters on toes
- What causes fever and blisters on lip
- What are the possible causes for small blisters after dysentery
- What is the cause of infected blister on side
- What causes blisters that peels off after taking bath
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body