What causes blister at base of penis head?
Antiseptic and steroid combination would be helpful.
Welcome to health care magic,
I have seen the picture that you uploaded but the image quality is not so good.
It seems to be small boil from the picture at the base of penis head which would I keep as the first possibility.
However,clinical examination would confirm it since the image is not clear.
The following treatment would be helpful.
Local antiseptic cream/ointment in combination with steroid application would be helpful.
Clean and wipe off the area dry,following which apply local antiseptic like neosporin and betamethasone cream (betnovate-N)
Take over the counter pain killer with anti-inflammatory like tab.ibuprofen 400 mg twice daily for initial few days.
Oral antibiotics like cefadroxyl 500 mg or cefixime 200 mg for a shorter course would also be helpful but you will need prescription from some local doctor or GP.
We may expect that the bumps/blister should start subsiding after 3 to 4 days of topical application and oral medicines.
In case if not, then it would be good to see dermatologist for further evauation.
Hope this will help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itching and blisters in legs
- Bacteria on the penis cause painless blister
- What causes a blister n ear
- Causes of blister on penis
- Does smoking cause blisters on penis
- What causes blisters on toes
- What causes blisters on penis foreskin
- What causes fever and blisters on lip
- What causes broken blister on penis foreskin
- What is the cause of infected blister on side