What causes bleeding swollen vagina after using creams?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, I used XXXXXXX on my vagina and bikini area and now I am bleeding, swollen and in a lot of pain. What can I do to fix it? I have desitin rash cream on right now..it burns when I pee and I just want it to heal! I can't even wipe myself with a baby wipe without it burning. Please help me. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DESITIN AND COLD ICE PACKS

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
I can understand, you might have just overdone the cream.
Take heart in the fact that it will resolve itself, the skin cells over there renew themselves periodically.
Yes, for a day you would be in agony and I can give you some pointers to help that.
Desitin cream is a good agent.
Also, try using ice compresses.
Do not wipe or touch the area at all, it will only further abrade it and make it worse.
Avoid wearing undergarments.
DO not sit on the area for long.
Just apply a film of Desiting and leave it alone.
It sounds like pure agony, but by the morning, it will be fine, possibly in the night itself.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.