What causes bleeding of left nipple?

Question
Male 50. Good health. No Rx other than occasional Prilosec and tums. 6' 180lbs. Two weeks I noted blood on towel after shower and my left nipple was bleeding. Thought it was a bug bite. I noted a external sensitive growth or protrusion of the nipple base. It has not receded in 2 weeks. Last three days the breast area seems to throb and today I have sensitive and warm feeling in armpit. No lumps under Breast noted. No skin rash, no redness. Please advise?
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need immediate medical attention...

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your medical history and highly advise to seek medical help as soon as possible.

Physical examination, ultrasound of the breasts or ct-scan are recommended to determine the final diagnosis.

The earlier you ask for medical help, the better the outcome. You can go to ER if cannot schedule an immediate appointment with dermatologist.

All the best and God bless!
Dr.Albana