What causes bleeding gums?

Dr. Priyanka Tiwari

Dentist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Dental Health
Question: while brushing blood comes whwn i spit.Also i am getting weak and thin .so please guide me
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gingivitis ( inflammation in gums )

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX

Thanks for consulting Healthcare magic.

This is Dr. Priyanka tiwari answering your query.

Read your query, understand your concern XXXX as you have bleeding gums while brushing this is a sign of gingival inflammation this can be due to some reasons such as :
- Good oral hygiene is not maintained ( deposition of food debris subgingival areas of gums ) .
- Improper brushing technique or Use of hard bristle toothbrush.

I will suggest you to maintain good oral hygiene, use Soft bristles toothbrush to brush your teeth twice daily.
- Do XXXXXXX warm saline rinses twice a day.
- Gently massage your gums with pulp of your finger in circular motion for atleast one minute to two minutes.
- Use regularly mouthwash like Chlorhexidine or Listerine .
- Use waxed floss to clean interdental areas of teeth.
- Avoid gum irritant like tobacco containing products ( if you are taking) .
- You can take Vitamin C supplements and folic acid by consulting with your local doctor .

You should consult Oral surgeon for visual examination of oral cavity and Scaling (oral prophylaxis ) for healthy gums .

Hope I have answered your query,
If you have further query I will be happy to help.

Dr. Priyanka tiwari
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 19 minutes later
HI ,BLOOD DOESNOT COMES FROM GUMS ,IT COMES WHEN I SPIT WHILE BRUSHING.IT MAY BE SOME INTERNAL PROBLEM .PLEASE HELP ME OUT.I AM WORRIED.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to be worried

Detailed Answer:

Welcome again ,

Read your query, as you see blood when you spit while brushing this blood comes from your gums as there is deposition of food debris in subgingival areas of gums ,there is nothing to be worried so much be relaxed and maintain good oral hygiene .

Consult dentist for examination of oral cavity and go for Oral prophylaxis ( Scaling and root planning ) .

Hope I have answered your query,

Regards ,
Dr. Priyanka tiwari

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju