What causes bleeding from urethra?
I advise you to consult urologist for evaluation.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
Since when you have this complaint? The most common reason for bleeding from urethra is urinary tract infection. Do you also have urgency, burning or pain while passing urine? If you do not have these symptoms, it is unlikely to be due to urinary tract infection.
It can be due to stones in the bladder. Occasionally there can be warts growing near the urethra which can cause this bleeding. Injury during sexual intercourse can cause this bleeding. Very rarely it is due to urethral cancer.
So I advise you to consult urologist for evaluation. Based on examination he may advise urethrocystoscopy ( a procedure to examine inside urethra and bladder).
It is also important to have gynecology internal examination to make sure that the bleeding is not from other site ( cervix,uterus)
I hope I have answered your concerns.
If you have any further queries do contact me through Healthcare Magic.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes discharge from urethra
- What could cause bleeding from urethra
- What is causing irritation near my urethra
- What causes bumps near urethra
- What causes an itchy urethra
- What causes itching in the urethra
- What causes paiful lump in the urethra
- What causes blockage in the urethra
- What is the cause of pain in urethra
- What causes bubbles in the urethra
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?