Owl Image

What causes bleeding from the rectum after defecation or vomiting?

Question
I am a holistic massage therapist and Health Coach in XXXXXXX I will have a patient who is a teenager, and I want to have a better approach when she comes to my services. Her mother told me that her daughter is healthy but bleeds almost every 15 days when defecate or vomiting.
The Mother statement was “ Doctors said that nothing is wrong with my daughter. They said that she has the most XXXXXXX colon and they could find anything on the colonoscopy just a healthier colon.
I suggest to keep looking what causes the bleeding and search for a psychologist services. What causes the bleeding if she is healthy?
I will will used acupressure and electronic acupuncture stress protocols, combine with Lomi-lomi hot stone massage, and Reiki.
Thank you XXXXXXX Dacunha
Mon, 2 Jul 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
If there is bleeding there is a problem (not normal).

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health concern.
I read it carefully.

In order for me to answer your question accurately I need to know more information about the vomiting and stool bleeding. But, what I can say for sure if that if there is bleeding it is not normal...there is a cause for bleeding.
It can be from hemorrhoids and that will not influence with your treatment, or it can be a problem with blood coagulation which you need to check before starting your treatment as it may give complications.
I would say ask for some labs before starting treatment with this patient and make sure that the mother of your patient really knows what she is talking about.

I hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you have other questions or concerns.

Dr.Papaqako