What causes bleeding from rectum during defecation?
I am 69 with no polyps as of three years ago. Hemroids have bled bright red on occasion over the years but now 2 of 3 movements show dark red with what appear as fat globules. I just saw my doctor who suggested the Diverticulitis conditions but I have no pain left or right so he prescribed no antibiotics. Still bleeding. No history of cancer.
Get colonoscopy examination
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist.
Since there is no pain it does not appear to be diverticulitis first thing
It is a painless bleed per rectum. It may be due to hemorrhoids, some colonic growth, inflammatory bowel disease, infection. So I will suggest you to get a colonoscopy examination that is an examination of colon with a tube with camera on it, to confirm whats going on inside. So that it can be managed accordingly
I hope I have answered your query and this will help you . Wish you a good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a prolapsed rectum in a hamster
- What causes boils in rectum
- What could be the cause for bleeding from rectum periodically
- What causes anal pain after defecation
- Causes of painless bleeding per rectum
- What causes backache and burning after defecation
- What cause bleeding from rectum while walking
- What would cause pulsing in rectum
- What causes burning in the rectum
- What causes itchy rectum