What causes bleeding from an old scar from tummy tuck?
Please visit surgeon to confirm infection or split in scar tissue
Thanks for writing in to u s.
I have read through your query in detail.
Since you report bleeding from an old scar after tummy tuck surgery, it is important to know if there is any infection or any sinus or fistula formation in the region of the scar such that there is a communication with underlying structures. A surgical consultation is required and a surgeon will be able to know if there is an infection in the scar region or the scar has split due to increased pressure inside the abdomen. This might require you to go for an ultrasound scan of the scar region. Treatment depends on clinical and imaging findings.
Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent urination caused by tummy tuck
- Tummy tuck scar tattoos
- Problems caused by severe tummy tucks
- What is a laser tummy tuck
- Dose a tummy tuck cause fibosis
- Tummy tuck scars with lumps
- What causes a tummy tuck infection
- What are the risks of a tummy tuck
- Tummy tuck scar bleeding
- Can a tummy tuck cause a cyst
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...