What causes bleeding from a scar behind the ear with history of surgery?
No serious cause for concern, can treat from home itself ma'am
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. There is nothing to worry about ma'am, and here is my advise:
+Clean the region well enough using an antiseptic solution (e.g. Dettol)
+Use a dry and sterile dressing for application over the region
+Purchase an over-the-counter topical antibiotic cream or ointment (e.g. neosporin or metronidazole) and apply with the dressing over the region twice daily for 3 days
+Make sure you keep the region dry and clean at all times
+Once the topical antibiotic application is over, leave the region open, clean and dry
If you do not experience an improvement within 3-5 days, then visit your doctor for a more elaborate evaluation. But such an event can occur when scar tissue develops breaks in it, which is normal and should not be a cause for concern.
I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause for bleeding in ears
- What is the cause of a blood blister behind my ear
- What causes rash behind ears
- What causes clot behind the ear
- Got rashes behind ear what could be causing this
- What is causing the pain behind ear
- What causes knot behind ear
- What is the cause of pain behind ear and eye
- What causes itching behind the ears
- What causes crust behind ears
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...