What causes bleeding following intercourse?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi. I am in a year long relationship. Regrettably I was unfaithful in the past unprotected on two occasions. For a couple months now my gf has Had some bleed right after we have sex. Everything I read online says it could be chlamydia. She is going to her doctor tomorrow. I got two chlamydia tests last week and both was negative. I read online many knowledgable STD doctors say that chkamydia will clear on its on in men in a few weeks or months and leave them with partial immunity. is this true? If so, I'm worried this might be the case, that I had chkamydia with no symptoms, gave it to my GF, cleared the infection in my own, testing negative, and now she's suffering from it. my question though is wouldn't I have inevitably been reinfected from having sex with my gf and tested positive? How confident can I be that my negative results results mean there is no chalmydia between me and my gf?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
likely to be due to an injury or sore

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM
Bleeding following intercourse was unlikely to be due to Chlamydial infection. When you are negative for Chlamydia, your girlfriend is also likely to be negative for Chlamydia.
Her problem might be due to either an injury or a sore (STD or Non STD). A careful examination will reveal the cause. Nothing would be serious. Can easily be treated.
Dr S Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E