What causes bleeding during sex?
For the past few weeks I have been bleeding lightly during sex. It doesn't pour out but there is dark blood residue on my partners fingers and condoms after sex. I haven't had any pain and my discharge is the same as it usually is. I have been sexually active for about 4 years and haven't noticed this before. I had chlamydia from an ex partner about six months ago but got rid of it and have since been retested. Is it possible I can have a cut inside my vagina?
Not due to injury.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The dark colored blood indicates an old bleeding. A cut in the vagina will cause a fresh red colored bleeding.So any injury in the area is not likely.
The bleeding you are having can be due to a vaginal infection or some left over blood from your previous periods. You can wait for a few days and see if it subsides on its own.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bleeding during sex while using condom
- Bleeding during sex burning clitoris burning urination cause
- Bleeding during sex and urination periods due cause
- Is doxycycline causing me to bleed during sex
- Bleeding during sex in pregnancy
- Bleeding during sex going through menopause cause
- Bleeding during sex what should i do
- Bleeding during sex causes
- Bleeding during sex no pain cause
- Having bleeding during sex what is causing this