What causes bleeding during ejaculation?

Dr. Monish De

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: When I ejaculate I see blood. What does that mean
Answered by Dr. Monish De 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
CT scan of lower abdomen

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Blood during ejaculation is a slight predictor of a cancer most often the prostate cancer. So a more careful evaluation is needed.

It can also be caused by infection and is usually accompanied by other signs and symptoms, such as fever, genital or urinary pain, difficulty urinating.

Other causes include vigorous sex, prolonged sexual abstinence and prostate gland enlargement.

I would recommend CT scan of lower abdomen and blood test for prostate specific antigen in your case.

Hope i have answered your query.

DR De

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju