What causes bleeding anus and constipation?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i have anul problem blood is poring from my anus, with pain plus constipation defficalt facaces to come it is terriable
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
anal fissure

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

If you have anal pain while passing tge stool, anal fissure is the most probable reason of your symptoms. Fissure is a kind of wound in the anal area. This wound is caused by hard stool and contipation. Such wound can bleed what gives bright red blood on the surface of the stool.
If this problem has just appeared, you can heal it with medicines. However if this is present longer than 6 weeks, surgery is necessary.
To heal recent fissure please follow this steps:
- avoid constipation - increase fiber rich products and mineral water intake, start taking probiotic
- do not push hard on stool
- wash your anus after every stool
- use OTC suppositories for hemorrhoids
- have sitz baths with Oak Bark twice a day
- ask you doctor about nitroglycerin cream

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.