What causes bleeding and watery discharge during pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
My wife is pregnant and its 14 weeks and 5 days . She had major bleeding a few days back(13th July 2014) and along with the bleeding stick fluid also was running like water. We got two sonography done and after first we took amino acid iv twice. Second IV taken today and immediately after Iv we went for second sonography. The result says that the amniotic fluid is critically low and local doc say that nothing can be done further.
What are the ways to increase the amniotic fluid so that the baby's growth is not hampered and how fast this can happen ?

Kindly guide as we are in mid of nowhere. This is the first pregnancy after 7 years of our marriage.
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PLEASE UPLOAD SCANS

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.

Can you please upload both the ultrasound scan reports ?
I would like to have a look at them so that I can offer a better opinion.
Has your wife conceived after any treatment ?
According to the doctors that you have seen, what was the reason for the bleeding ?
Also, the fluid discharge that you mention, was it watery or thick ?
If it was a lot of watery discharge, then she has leaked the amniotic fluid at 14 weeks, in which case, truly nothing can be done to save the baby.
Please upload the scans so that I can get back to you.
Not the images, only the reports ( printed ) will be fine.

Looking forward to hearing from you.