What causes bleeding and severe abdominal pain?
It can be a side effect of I-pill.
Thanks for writing to us about it.
I can understand your concern, though.
It can be a side effect of I-pill, it contains a high dosage of hormone which may cause irregular bleeding and menstrual cycle disturbances. this effect may last for 2-3 cycles.
You can take Trapic- MF (tranexamic acid with mefenamic acid) thrice daily for three days to reduce bleeding and pain after consulting your treating physician.
If it will not decrease then you need to get ultrasound scan to rule out the cause for excessive bleeding.
Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffering from severe abdominal pain what might be causing it
- Severe abdominal pain and bleeding
- What causes delayed periods with sever abdominal pain
- What causes diarrhoeaconstipationfrequent urination and severe abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain on coughing and sneezing
- What causes severe abdominal pain after having an intercourse
- What is the cause of severe abdominal pain and nausea
- What causes blood in vomiting with severe abdominal pain
- Severe abdominal pains causes
- After having had waistband on, gets nauseous. Is it related?
- Had unprotected sex who is not virgin. Can I have STD if I will have...
- Had blood in mid cycle, tender breasts. Have IUD. Sonogram showed thick...
- Having delayed periods. Prescribed with sysron, not yet got my periods....
- Labia minora is swollen, painful and radiates. Noticed 3 hard and...
- Recently started yaz, got bleeding post sex, not on periods due. What...
- Pregnant. Having fever at night and early morning, weakness, bitter...
- I am pregnant. Is it safe to travel by plane in second trimester?
- Nursing mother. Missed period. Experiencing pain in tail bone while...
- Got vaginal bleeding after taking ipill and missed for next month. What...