What causes black stools?
Answer given below
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
Black stool may indicate bleeding in the upper gastrointestinal tract. An upper GI endoscopy should be done to find the source of bleeding.
Sometimes similar looking stool is seen if you take iron supplements or pepto bismol.
Pain in the right kidney region may be due to kidney stones or urinary tract infection. Urinalysis and ultrasound scan of the abdomen may be done to look for these issues.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs that cause black stools
- What causes black stool with stomach cramps
- Causes for black stool in adults
- What causes a meth addict have black stool
- What causes black stool after taking naporxen
- Causes of black stools
- What causes black stool after running
- What causes black stools
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What is the cause for black stool when on trazadone
- Will nissen fundoplication help in minimising GERD and LPR symptoms?
- Had a marker for Hep c. Continue taking Lipitor?
- On klavox. Had severe stomach cramping and diarrhoea. What could it be?
- Having tailbone pain. What could be done?
- Having motion problem after taking IBSET tablet. What could be the reason?
- Taking mesalamine for mild ulcerative colitis and elevated ALT. What are...
- Is it safe to remove gall bladder surgically for gall stones?
- Are hemorrhoids linked to poor functioning of liver?
- Pain in lower left side of stomach . What could this be?
- What are the findings from the report?