What causes black stools and stomach pain while having low blood pressure?
I would recommend as follows:
I would explain that the black stool and stomach pain could be caused by gastric bleeding, probably related to the blood thinner therapy.
On the other hand, gastric bleeding can lead to blood loss and anemia, which would explain your low blood pressure values.
So, I agree with your cardiologist on the recommendation to check Hemoglobin levels, to investigate for anemia.
I would also recommend performing other tests:
- stool analysis for the presence of blood
- a fibrogastroscopy to investigate for an ulcer
You should discuss with your doctor as soon as possible on the above tests.
Meanwhile, I recommend taking Pantoprazole or Omeprazole to help improve your stomach pain.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Black stool and stomach pain
- Low blood pressure stomache pain in right upper quadrant dizziness
- What causes cold with chest pain and low blood pressure
- Black stool stomach pain nausea
- What causes hands to go numb while sleeping low blood pressure
- Stomach pain fever black stool
- Low blood pressure cause blood in stool
- What causes low blood pressure
- Black stool severe stomach pain
- Black stools stomach pain gas
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?